Sunday, September 2, 2012

Senior Year Tomorrow

--I wrote this post last week and apparently never pressed "publish."  So it's a week late, sue me!--

Instead of packing for my senior year of college which is an impossible task and will no doubt end in me giving up and resolving to just come home with an empty suitcase in two weeks for Rosh Hashannah (which is, by the way, after I turn 21), I am freaking out about everything I need to do before and during this year.

All you 2013ers out there, I know you're feeling it too.  The excitement of having the best year of your life and the anxiety of having to make it the best year of your life.  I'm taking 6 classes (again, ugh) this semester, how am I supposed to have time for fun and friends and shows in the city and volunteering and maybe even a little sleep?  It seems like the impossible dream.  But it's not a dream, in fact I'm very awake- this is the latest I've been awake since I landed 6 days ago.  Jamming to Guster, Shwayze, Goo Goo Dolls, and Rihanna (I've always had a keen sense for bringing together artists no one else listens to in the same sitting) I find myself dancing in my room surrounded by clothes and crap to decorate my tiny college dorm room, pausing only to make lists upon lists of things I'm forgetting and need to do, and of course, to blog.

And my mom just came in and threatened to throw out everything I leave behind because I clearly don't need it if I'm keeping it at home in Natick for yet another year.  Great.
This time not ransacked, just messy 

And the question.  Oh my god the question.  You all know the question I'm talking about, the one where everyone all of a sudden becomes an expert on life after college and asks you what you plan to do the minute you graduate because 10 months from now I'm magically going to be doing exactly what I want where I want how I want.

Tomorrow's move in day followed by a week of hanging out in the city, seeing friends, meeting new students and starting to figure out how the future is going to come together.  And planning my 21st birthday party.  So here's to two semesters of working hard and playing harder.  Of developing those friendships of the we're all going to be at each other's wedding variety.  Of trying to figure out what's next and remembering that it's okay if it's not all figured out.  I'm energized.  I'm nervous.  I'm excited beyond imagination.  Let's make this year count in every way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment